1. Even though I wasn’t the cause for my accident, I have endured much pain and suffering as a result of my injuries. I have had to go through extensive medical treatment because of this and think I deserve significant compensation for what I’ve experienced. Is this reasonable?
This is not unreasonable. Most accident victims are not aware that insurance companies can offer generous compensation for “pain and suffering”, in addition to coverage of lost wages, medical bills and car repairs.
2. Should I sign the medical information releases that I received from the insurance company adjuster?
No. An experienced attorney should evaluate what you have already signed and can revoke the signed releases that may negatively impact your case. Only under limited circumstances, determined by a lawyer, should an unrestricted release for medical records be signed.
3. My good credit is being negatively impacted by my mounting medical bills. Is there anything that I can do to stop potential lawsuits and judgments?
In most instances, an attorney can obtain payment of these bills before settlement. Alternatively, lawyers can also help make arrangements to stop collection, negotiate with creditors and pay your bills directly from the settlement. The same also applies to the payment of lost wages.
4. My injuries were caused by an uninsured driver and I am confused about what claims are actually covered. My policy provides for underinsured and uninsured coverage – can you help clarify?
Most people are confused about what is covered by their policies. But – not to worry – an experienced attorney can help you with what your specific policy covers and get the most from your claim(s).
5. Is there a way for me to tell if my insurance adjuster’s offer is fair and reasonable, if I want to negotiate my claim on my own?
Unfortunately, there is not any way for you to know if your insurance adjuster’s offer is fair and / or reasonable.
Even though a fair settlement value for your case could be worth several thousands of dollars, the adjuster’s primary focus is to settle your claim for the lowest amount possible. Remember – your adjuster works for your insurance company and is paid to negotiate your claim for as little as possible.
However, lawyers are not only experienced, tough and aggressive but they work for YOU! They only represent those who have been injured and NOT insurance companies. They also have concrete insight into the real value of your claim based on our past successful settlements.
6. Will my case require a jury trial if I hire an attorney?
In most cases, the answer is ‘no’. Usually, attorneys are able to settle cases without having to go to trial.
Alternatively, a jury trial may be necessary if the insurance company is not cooperating or acting fairly.
7. I might require specialized medical treatment due to the injuries that I have sustained, and I don’t have a family doctor. Can the medical treatment that I receive be limited by the insurance adjuster?
Your insurance company is legally obligated to compensate you with the best (reasonable) medical treatment that is available, based on certain restrictions and within the limits of your policy. Additionally, and as always, we are ready and willing to assist you in finding the medical care that you require.
8. My insurance adjuster is adamant in their suggestion that I do not hire an attorney. Why is that?
Simply put, your insurance adjuster knows that your settlement will be much lower if you don’t hire an attorney. As mentioned above, adjusters are hired by insurance companies, in part, to keep settlement rewards low and to save them as much money as possible.
Although some people think that settling their claim on their own will save them money, they don’t realize that they are actually missing out on the opportunity to maximize their claim settlement. Remember – in most cases there is not an attorney fee unless they win a settlement for you so, you have nothing to lose by working with a lawyer, and everything, including money, to gain.
If you think that you have a personal injury case, give us a call today and let us help you get the compensation that you deserve by connecting you with an experienced attorney!